THE NORTHWESTERN RURAL ELECTRIC CO-OPERATIVE ASSOCIATION, INC.
This rate applies to residential and farm single-phase service requiring a 50 KVA or less transformer. This rate is not available to service for single-phase motors in excess of 10 HP or an electrical device with a potential load in excess of 20 kW unless such motor or device was installed prior to May 25, 1988.
Service to tankless or instant water heaters is prohibited under this rate.
All services are subject to the established rules and regulations.
Generation: $.04937 per kWh
Transmission: $.01105 per kWh
Distribution: $.04062 per kWh
Cost of Service Charge: $ 30.00
MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGE
Minimum monthly charge shall be $30.00.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
1. Bills will be issued monthly. The actual billing date will depend upon the applicable bill cycle. Full payment should be received in the Cooperative office by the date shown on the billing statement.
2. A service charge will be added to any unpaid amount after the due date. That charge shall be one and one half percent (1½%) of the unpaid balance or $1.00 whichever is greater.
3. Collection of unpaid amounts will be made in accordance with established rules and regulations.
GENERATION COST ADJUSTMENT
The charge(s) for generation service shall be increased or decreased in accordance with the Cooperative’s Generation Cost Adjustment Clause, Schedule “GCA”.
OTHER PRICING OPTIONS
Consumers billed under this rate are eligible to consider the following alternatives:
- Time of Use Rate – offers significant incentive, which recognizes off-peak power supply cost savings.
- Electric Space Heating Rider – reduced pricing for controlled heating.
- Interruptible Space Heating – reduced pricing for those consumers using thermal storage devices.
(For more about these rates, download our 2019 Rates.)
If a member requests a disconnection and reconnection of service at the same locations within a 12-month period, that consumer shall be required to pay a charge equal to the rate minimum for each intervening month(s), plus a reconnection fee as specified by the established rules and regulations.
Commencing with issuance of bills on/about Jan. 1, 2019.