Northwestern REC has the following position open:
Full-time Service Technician:
- Responsibilities include installing and maintaining the Cooperative’s load control receivers, water heaters, and other devices or appliances in customers’ homes.
- Other duties include reading, setting, removing electric meters, and collecting on accounts as needed. Position will also locate underground wires.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required. Vocational/technical school training in electrical and plumbing trades and at least two years of relevant work experience is required.
- Must have current PA drivers license to operate a Cooperative vehicle and be able to maneuver heavy loads such as water heaters. Must have excellent customer relation skills.
- Must reside within a 20-minute response time to Cooperative office in Cambridge Springs.
- Must be able to work days and evenings Monday through Friday and Tuesday through Saturday.
This position will not progress into a lineman position, as it has in prior years.
Northwestern REC offers a full range of benefits including paid family medical, dental, life, pension and 401k. We are an equal opportunity employer.