Electric Appliance Rebate Program
Receive a rebate for purchasing an Energy Star rated electric appliance
- Air Source Heat Pump: $200
- Heat Pump Water Heater: $200
- Electric Vehicle Charging Station: $150
- Clothes Dryer: $50
- Clothes Washer: $50
- Dehumidifiers: $25
- Dishwashers: $25
- Freezers: $50
- Refrigerators: $100
- Window Air Conditioners: $25
Verify your appliance by visiting the Energy Star website www.energystar.gov. Select the category “Energy Efficient Products” and locate your particular appliance. Use the “Product Finder” (start here) tab to enter the exact model number. Model numbers listed in the search are qualified.
Program Procedures & Requirements:
- Qualifying appliances must be certified as Energy Star to be eligible. Verify your appliance by visiting www.energystar.gov.
- Limited to one rebate per appliance type per calendar year.
- Appliance must be installed within NREC’s service territory.
- Electric Vehicle Charging Stations must be installed and available for inspection by a Northwestern REC employee.
- Members are responsible for proper disposal of pre-owned appliances.
- After all program requirements are met, a rebate in the form of a bill credit will be issued to the member’s account. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after receipt of all documents for the program bill credit to appear.
- All applications must be complete and include a payment receipt.
- All projects must comply with applicable federal, state, and local laws and building codes.
Northwestern REC reserves the right to inspect the member’s home for installation of materials listed on this application and to verify that installation meets program guidelines. The member may not receive the rebate if Northwestern REC cannot verify the information provided on the application form.
How do I apply for a rebate?
Call the Energy Solutions Department at 1-800-352-0014.You will need to read and complete the Electric Appliance Rebate Application and submit it along with your paid receipt to Northwestern REC.
Some disclaimers about this program
In no way, does Northwestern REC assume responsibility for the work completed by contractors. Northwestern REC does not guarantee energy savings and does not make any warranties associated with the measures eligible for incentives under this program. Northwestern REC does not endorse any particular manufacturer, contractor, product, labor, or system design by offering this program and will not be responsible for any tax liability imposed on the member as a result of the payment of incentives, does not expressly or implicitly warrant the performance of installed materials or contractor’s quality of work. (Contact your contractors for detailed warranties). Northwestern REC is not responsible for the proper disposal/recycling of any waste generated as a result of this project, is not liable for any damage caused by the installation of the materials or for any damage caused by the malfunction of the installed materials. Northwestern REC reserves the right to make changes to the program without notice. Submission of application does not guarantee a rebate, funding for the program is limited. Once funds budgeted for the rebate program are exhausted the program stops. The rebated dollar amounts are subject to change without notice.